As seen on Good Things Utah and inspired by our signature Fried Cheese Curds on the Creamery Kitchen menu, you can recreate these golden nuggets a breeze!
Follow along with Chef Jon here.
Air-fried Cheese Curds
Yield: 4, 4 oz. servings
- Remove cheese curd from bag and break up into large pieces into a medium bowl and set aside. Pieces that are about the size of your thumb will cook for the best consistency
- In a shallow bowl or container, add flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Blend well then set aside
- Break eggs into a separate bowl. Use a whisk to completely blend whites and yolks then pour into a shallow bowl or container and set aside
- Place panko or breadcrumbs into a shallow bowl or container
- Place bowls from left to right, Panko or breadcrumbs, Egg, Flour, and Cheese Curd, for the following 2-coat breading process
- Place a few pieces of cheese into flour and lightly coat them. Then place them in to beaten egg, making sure they are completely coated
- Then for a second coat, place the cheese curds back into the flour, then to the egg again
- Finally, place them into the breadcrumbs and coat well. Put finished product on a plate to hold
- Once you have a small batch of curd breaded, Place them into the Air Fryer basket. Spray them with cooking spray and cook at 400 degrees for 5-6 minutes until brown