From locally made chocolates and jams to spicy honey or rich syrups, you can create a fun and delicious cheese board featuring uniquely Utah items.
The Plate: Any style will do! A wooden cutting board, marble serving board, shallow serving dish or even a plate all make great cheese board bases.
- Cheddar Cheese Curds, 1 pound
- Colby Jack, 1 pound
- Medium Cheddar, 1 pound
- Sliced cured meat, such as salami or prosciutto
- Bluebird Candy Co. Assorted Chocolates
- Mike’s Hot Honey, 2 ounces
- Pepperlane Sweet Heat jelly, 11 ounces
- Rustic Bakery Chocolate Cacao Nib Shortbread Cookies
- Memaw’s Cheese Tiddies
- The Creamery cheese knife
- 2 small ramekins or serving bowls for honey and jelly
- Cutting board
- Selected serving board
- 2-3, 4-inch sprigs of fresh rosemary for a festive touch
- Additional accompaniments, such as sliced fruit, toasted almonds or pickled vegetables
View The Creamery cheese pairing guide at TheCreameryUtah.co/Pairings.
- Fill small ramekins or serving bowls with honey and jelly, place both on the board
- Arrange the sliced medium cheddar and colby jack
- Place cheese curd in a pile or use a small bowl. Between the three cheeses and the honey and jelly, leave enough room to fill in with the remaining items
- Place sliced meat, shortbread cookies and tiddies
- Fill in board with assorted chocolates and any additional accompaniments
Pro Tip: Slice cheeses into fun shapes, such as thin triangular slices or long, skinny rectangles – get creative!