Cheese balls are the perfect snackable treat for warm weather! Adding the sweet, tropical taste of crushed pineapples creates a fun spring-time twist on a classic recipe.
Pineapples and chilies might seem like a strange combination of flavors, but it really works. You get a slightly sweet and slightly salty combination that satisfies everyone's tastebuds. Serve it with your favorite assortment of crackers.
Create one for friends or family and be sure to share with us on Facebook or Instagram by tagging @TheCreameryUtah.
Creamery Kitchen Pineapple Green Chili Cheese Ball
Start to finish: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 ounces shredded The Creamery Medium Cheddar
- 2 ounces shredded The Creamery Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 ounces shredded The Creamery Pepper Jack Cheese
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple, drained well
- ½ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ounce green chilies
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 cup crushed almonds or pecans for topping
- Mix cream cheese, garlic powder, pepper, onion powder, celery salt until fluffy
- Stir in shredded cheeses, pineapples, green bell pepper and green chilies. Place mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap and roll into a ball. Refrigerate at least one hour
- Roll chilled cheese ball in crushed nuts of choice pressing to stick
- Serve with crackers, tortilla chips or vegetables for dipping